QTG CONSULTING ON TWITTERhttp://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/qtgconsulting.xml?count=10&page=1
Warning: file_get_contents(http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/qtgconsulting.xml?count=10&page=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qtgconsu/public_html/plugins/function.nh_essentials.php on line 46
Fri, 28-Oct-11 @ 17:29
Thu, 27-Oct-11 @ 00:04
Mon, 17-Oct-11 @ 11:11
T: +44 (0) 203 157 7051
T: +1 203 909 6660
Database Architect / Developer - Lead Role
A Hedge Fund with a global presence and a strong 10 year track record. Trades FX and futures. They have a multi-strategy approach with several groups running short to mid-term strategies across global markets. The company is research led and data driven, with the long-term aim of delivering significant returns for its institutional investors.
The group is focused on running systematic trading strategies. They are a small team of senior individuals with very strong quantitative backgrounds taking a collaborative approach. Their infrastructure supporting the implementation and execution of the strategies has been successful for this level but they are looking to add a senior database architect to help take the systems to the next level and manage a much richer set of data which they feel is imperative for them to increase capacity.
As such they are looking to bring on a senior database architect who can come on board and update, enhance and maintain the historical data used to drive the research, back testing and signal generation. The candidate will also be responsible for the live data feeds for real time trading.
The role will require someone who not only has extremely strong development skills, but also has strong communication skills as they will be working closely with the researchers to source new data for models, as well be in a position to communicate with the business side with regards to coordinating the development efforts for the group.
• Build scalable database management systems.
• Design, develop, maintain backend software for capture, storage and retrieval of large amounts of market data
• Work closely with research team manage and source data for models.
• Communicate development efforts to/with management regarding key decisions in terms of components to be built in house vs. those to be bought in etc.
• Understand, acquire and update financial & economic data, quality assurance checks, and metadata.
• Documentation of all processes.
• Keeping data updated on a daily basis
• Testing and rolling out new versions of third-party live data feedhandlers
• Working with third parties to solve problems and issues with software and data feeds
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed and motivated.
• Strong database modeling and development skills.
• Modeling financial data
• Extensive knowledge of methods for evaluating/back-testing trading strategies.
• Database Management: file size/growth; backup/restore: security
• Strong communication skills and abilities
• Knowledge of SQL Server
• Familiarity with 3rd party data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, Activ, etc...) preferred
• SSIS development
• Experience with column-oriented databases and NoSQL systems
• Knowledge of software development best-practices and standards
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org
My client is an an equal opportunities employer and will treat all applicants equally regardless of sexual orientation, religion, race, age, gender or disability