QTG CONSULTING ON TWITTERhttp://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/qtgconsulting.xml?count=10&page=1
Warning: file_get_contents(http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/qtgconsulting.xml?count=10&page=1) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/qtgconsu/public_html/plugins/function.nh_essentials.php on line 46
Fri, 28-Oct-11 @ 16:29
Wed, 26-Oct-11 @ 23:04
Mon, 17-Oct-11 @ 10:11
T: +44 (0) 203 157 7051
T: +1 203 909 6660
Senior Software Test Engineer
My client is a hedge fund in Chicago looking to hire a senior software test engineer. The fund manages just under $1Bn with a 10yr track record: their core business is running quantitative FX and Futures strategies and have diversified into quantitative equity strategies in the 2 years as well.
They are currently undergoing a large rebuild of their internal infrastructure as they look to expand their equity business. This includes not only rebuilding elements which are currently running internally to be able to handle a larger capacity – but they are also looking to build elements of their infrastructure internally which had previously been conducted externally / through third party vendors. They are therefore looking to hire a senior software engineer who can come on board and work closely with the developers as well as the business to test, stage and deploy elements of the software across the whole company.
The individual who comes on board will be coordinating as well as conducting the software testing efforts with business management and software development personnel. As such the role requires not only very strong technical skills but also a wide exposure to different areas of the business.
· Experience with conducting and coordination of software testing efforts with business management and software development personnel within a highly-dynamic environment.
· Experience with development and maintenance of test plans and test-effort estimates.
· Data analysis, validation, and regular status updates to other team members.
· Ability to automate baseline tests for new builds as well as targeted-testing specific changes to production software.
· Familiarity with the Microsoft .NET platform and the C# language
· Some familiarity with automated testing software (NUnit, Visual Studio Test Tools equiv)
· Good Microsoft T-SQL query skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Software test-case development
· Automated testing
· Targeted testing
· Data validation (Microsoft SQL Server databases)
· TDD experience preferred
· Performance testing and memory analysis preferred
· FIX experience preferred
· Financial data and/or process experience (market data, OMS, backtesting environments) preferred
The fund sees this as a business-critical role, and as such compensation is extremely competitive and will also take into consideration the impact the infrastructure has on the immediate and future profitability of the group. The role will involve hands on technology but will also have a broader reach in terms of taking the business forward
To apply to this role please send your resume email@example.com